The left side of the box is the 5 amp booster side. It has a 4 pin connector. The first set of two pins are for incoming AC power. Typically this is 15 volts AC / 5 amps from the 120 VAC transformer. The second set of two pins is track output this should also measure about 15 volts AC. Notice the small 4 wire jumper on the control bus jack which goes to the other side of the box. See below. The status light should be a solid red. a slow flash indicates a track short. A fast flash indicates the control bus signal is not present.
Here we see the right side of the box. This is the command station side. The other end of the control bus cable goes here and you also have the connection jack for the Cab Bus. Notice the 2 wire track output for a programming track. The track light is usually solid yellow except when in service mode programming /programming track mode. In Service mode the left side running the layout shuts off and the right side with the programming track output is now active.
A slow flash on the left side for the track power output is a short circuit for sure. Remove the two wires for the track power output only, leaving the input power connected. See if the status light changes to solid. If it does change to solid the box is not damaged, but you definitely have a short circuit elsewhere.
If the light does NOT change with the track unplugged, then the box is damaged and needs to be sent in for service.
Please send it in for service. No RMA number needed for repairs.
- Put your first and last name LEGIBLY on the outside of the package.
- Include your contact info (email and phone number) inside the box.
- Include a detailed description of the problem inside the box.
- Do not include batteries if sending a wireless cab.
- If payment is needed, we will contact you before work is done to make payment arrangements. We do not take credit cards directly. We use PayPal for credit card processing and electronic payments. We also take checks by mail.
- Please note that NCE does not have an electronic notification system. You will not be notified when we have received your package. Please contact the shipping company for that information.
- FYI- the backlog stands at 3 to 4 weeks from when the package arrives.
- Send to:
Attn: Service Dept.
82 East Main Street
Webster, NY. 14580