JMRI is free software in the public domain and not related to NCE in any way, shape, or form. We do what we can for our customers that own the USB board. However, JMRI is only one of many pieces of software used with our USB interface. We provide a link to the drivers for the Silicon Labs chipset used on board, the software used with the USB board is up the end user. Any other information by NCE regarding JMRI is provided as a courtesy only. Questions regarding JMRI should be directed to the JMRI user group
Post Message: email@example.com
USB drivers for the NCE Power Cab USB board can be found here: https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx
This process requires a functioning USB board with JMRI setup and running correctly.
To get the NCE USB version number one can use the latest version of JMRI Decoder Pro 3.0 as follows:
- Open the program and select the NCE menu item on the main menu
- Select the "Command Monitor" menu item which opens a Command Monitor window
- Select "Send Command" menu item under the "Command Monitor" menu item which opens a Send Command window.
- With both windows open, Type "AA" ( without the quotes) in the Send Command window, checking Binary, and press Send.
- The resulting version number will appear in the Command Monitor window. In my case, the version number returned is 06 03 xx NOT 07 xx xx.
from Norb Schertzer 11/13