Each decoder and decoder manufacturer has different CVs and settings. This is not related to the DCC system you use. You will need to find this information from the decoder manufacturer.
The procedure for changing a CV on an NCE system is relatively straightforward.
For the Powercab:
- Remove ALL locos except the one you are working on.
- Press the prog/esc key 4 times. Look for “use program trk”.
- Press enter
- Press 2 for CV. The display will read: prog CV num. Enter the CV you wish to change, press enter
- The Powercab will access the decoder and display the current value of that CV.
- write the current value of the CV down in case you need to reverse your changes.
- If you do not wish to change the CV, press enter then press prog /esc. to exit out to a normal loco running screen
- If you want to change the value of the CV, enter it on the keypad now. If you make a mistake, just reenter the number.
- Press enter when you are done, then press prog /esc. to exit out to a normal loco running screen.