A different line of thinking is needed here. The term "Signal DRIVER" does not mean anything and is often misused. Only three components are needed. Use the NCE BD20 for train detection. The Light-It listens for, and uses, NMRA DCC compliant Signal addresses and aspects. To generate the signal logic you have a few choices: Connect the BD20 directly to an NCE Mini Panel which can be programmed to generate the signal logic. or connect the NCE BD20 to an NCE AIU. This sends the detection data to an NCE command station.
You would then use a PC running JMRI, Train Controller or other software to generate the signal logic. The Light It "listens" for the signal aspects on the standard DCC track bus.
The Light-It is a multi-purpose programmable DCC lighting decoder. One Light-It contains three programmable lighting outputs with a complete array of lighting effects. Suitable for signal heads, passenger cars, locomotive lighting, cabooses, structure lighting, and many other uses.
The Illuminator is a Plug and Play multi-purpose programmable DCC lighting decoder. One Illuminator contains three programmable lighting outputs with a complete array of lighting effects. Suitable for signal heads, passenger cars, locomotive lighting, cabooses, structure lighting, and many other uses. Designed to be used with Woodland Scenics Just Plug system!
Any switch machines used for automation or route control will still need to be connected to a DCC accessory controller as normal.
1. Block detection is handled by the BD20 current sensor. The two wires from the BD20 go to a Mini Panel or AIU.
2. Turnout position feedback of a tortoise switch machine is accomplished by routing the aux contacts of the tortoise to an AIU.
3. An AIU is Auxiliary Input Unit. This is a generic unit that monitors inputs. It watches for inputs to get shorted to ground.
4. The AIU reports the status of the inputs using the NCE cab bus. This sends the data to the NCE command station.
5. The NCE Mini Panel is a routing, automation, and logic controller. Can also control locomotives, all types of DCC accessories and more.
Attached is enough documentation to keep you busy for a while.