We have two different version of the Universal Throttle Panel (UTP). Both are still being used. 

5240207 The “regular” UTP - 1/8 inch (3.5mm) (Mono mini headphone jack) on the back of the UTP. The tip of the plug is positive (+) and the sleeve is negative. If you have a regular UTP but want to add the P114 (or ANY 12VDC power supply) for added cab bus power, you will need to hack off the end of the cable and add the male 1/8 inch (3.5mm) (Mono mini headphone plug) or solder the power supply directly to the board. This board has NO LED on the front but you can add one using the included instructions.




5240234    UTP-Cat5    Additional power for the Cab Bus can be added by plugging in a power supply to the socket in between the Cat5 sockets. We suggest a 1/2 to 2 Amp, 12 to 14 volt, Regulated DC power supply such as the NCE P114. (5.5/2.5mm plug center +). The CAT5 version has an on-board LED that shows when an EXTERNAL power supply is being used. This is NOT the same as the PCP- Power Cab Panel.  The primary use of a UTP-CAT5 is add power to long cab bus cables 30 to 40 feet or longer. 






Was this article helpful?
1 out of 2 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request