NCE USB connections and JMRI Configurations
Important note -The USB board is VERY low power (5v/30mA). Damage due to static and bad grounds are definitely possible. Laptops and laptop power supplies are notorious for bad ground and noisy power. A good surge protector is highly recommended for all DCC equipment. In most cases with Windows 7 or 10 manually installing drivers is NOT needed. This driver is for the NCE USB interface board only. You should only use the manual installation if Plug and Play automatic installation fails. The USB board is plug and play right out of the package. Remove ALL the jumpers! As long as your PC is connected to the internet, Windows will install the driver automatically. Then check in Windows Device Manager to verify it shows up under Ports JMRI user group - https://groups.io/g/jmriusers/
- Sequence of events for getting JMRI to work .
- Using the USB Interface with JMRI- Read Me First
- Using a PC to make changes to sounds and other loco options
- USB or AIU does not work after command station reset
- What do I need? USB interface for Power Cab
- Advanced Configurations for the USB Board Versions and Jumper Settings