NCE USB connections and JMRI Configurations
Important note -The USB board is VERY low power (5v/30mA). Damage due to static and bad grounds are definitely possible. Laptops and laptop power supplies are notorious for bad ground and noisy power. A good surge protector is highly recommended for all DCC equipment AND your PC! Manually installing drivers is NOT needed. The USB board is plug and play right out of the package. Remove ALL the jumpers! As long as your PC is connected to the internet, Windows will install the driver automatically. Then check in Windows Device Manager to verify it shows up under Ports. Do not attempt a Windows 10 manual driver installation of any kind without calling NCE first. 9a-4pm M-F eastern time 585-265-0230 ask for Ed. Please be in front of your PC with working internet access before calling for assistance. NCE currently only supports Windows 7 and Windows 10. We apologize but NCE does not have the in house resources to support Apple products. Apple users please contact the online JMRI users group for help at https://groups.io/g/jmriusers/.
- Sequence of events for getting JMRI to work .
- Using the USB Interface with JMRI- Read Me First
- Using a PC to make changes to sounds and other loco options
- USB or AIU does not work after command station reset
- What do I need? USB interface for Power Cab
- Advanced Configurations for the USB Board Versions and Jumper Settings